Tuesday, 2 October 2012

Some times I have a brilliant idea. And I start with it, and when I just how much work it will mean. Then I am sometimes faced with the feeling that I am so anxious that it should be as perfect as I had imagined it, that I avoid doing it. This is one of those things. A UFO (UnFinishedObject) that ended up in my box forever. The silly thing is that I had done all the boring stuff. So, it was hemmed, had a ribbing around the neck.
It was only the lenght of the arms that needed to be adjusted (fortunately…) and that little detail of sewing all the pieces on to the fabric… Minor detail… Teensy weensy. Pieces that is… When you try to fit the entire world into a child size shirts the pieces get VERY small. I had to give up on large parts of the islands between Australia and Asia. Even UK was to small to even bother. It would have been something like three stitches…
Well. Was is so bad?? Did I really need one year to gather the courage to try to make it?? Not really. It did take a descent amount of time to do it. Draw the pieces, cut them up, and sew them on. All in all I have probably spent 5 hours on it. And that doesn't include trying to find a good map. But, it is all that I wanted and more. My hubby even said "wow!" when he saw it, and I don't think that that has ever happened before…
And no. I won't take custom orders of these…  ;-)

4 comments:

Åsa Tidqvist said...

Jag säger också wow!!

Unikuu said...

nice. my son like maps and things. maybe i try this also.

Thea said...

Oj så fin!! Vilken bra idé, vilka snygga färger och framförallt - vilket jobb!

Lise said...

That is just brilliant!