Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Brand new with Dala horses

Brand new fabric from my local fabric shop Tygaffären. It arrived last Thursday, I bought it on Saturday, washed it and cut it on Sunday and finished the first shirt on Monday. I suppose it IS possible to make it even faster, but not very much so....

I really like this fabric. It is a organic cotton knit fabric. And this turquoise is a really good color for my daughter. She has similar skin tone and hair color as her aunt and father and both of them often wear light blue or denim (and look really good in it too). I thought about going lime with the foldover elastic around the neckline and the arms, but decided on the turquoise as the color match was really perfect.

This is a picture I found on the web. I bought the top brown, the turquoise and the bottom purple one. All according to the wishes of my daughter. The bottom purple will be a dress and the other two will be shirts. And she wanted panties in the brown fabric as well.

2 comments:

Thea said...

Å så fina de är! Väcker habegär!

Lise said...

You are very lucky to have such a great fabric shop near you! I have a hard time finding nice fabric for children's clothes. And the top is lovely - I am sure your daughter will love it.