Wednesday, 29 February 2012

DeStash February - Last showoff!

Hi guys! Missed me yesterday?? I thought so. Well. Since this year February has 29 days, I thought I was going to wait for the LAST day with the last post of the destash challenge. So, how has it been going for you? Personally I could have done better. Not that I have bought that much, but I haven't really sewn that much either. I have taken on more tasks at work, which makes me work longer hours and this of course means less crafting time.
Anyhow. This is probably this my best project this month. It was actually finished a while ago, but I haven't taken any pictures of it until now. My daughter loooves her nightgowns. And she won't put the smaller ones away. So, her 86/92 (18-24mths) is getting very small for her, since she is wearing 128 (7-8yrs) today. That nightgown actually has more resemblence to a t-shirt nowadays...

So. I thought I would do a proper job this time and give her some extra room to grow in. It turned out that it was TO long now. But I am not allowed to cut it! The fabric is a very soft cotton jersey from Tygaffären. And it is actually striped vertically and not horizontal, but I cut it the wrong way, and it works out good too. Probably because it is a supersoft fabric.

I remember when I was six or so. I spent the night at my best friend. And his mum had two identical nightgowns. White with 10cm/4in spots in green and brown if I remember correctly. I remember wore these  nightgown and that they were so long that it covered our toes, and that we played snakes in these nightgowns. I loved it! Now my daughter has the chance too. Although I thing she most resembles a mermaid in this gown.
So. This is your last chance of posting any projects during this month. I will try to collect as many as possible into one GIGANTIC blogpost, and then I need some help to figure out who the winner should be. Talk to you in a couple of days!

Link to project in MrLinky (if you have made several blogposts, link to ALL of them), and confessions and thoughts below!


9 comments:

Avanai said...

Det har gått ganska bra, även om det hade varit kul att hinna med lite mer. En tröja till sonen och ett par vantar till mig blev det den här veckan. Har fortfarande inte köpt en enda grej, men nu börjar köpsuget nå oanade höjder efter en hel månad utan en endaste ny tyglapp :)

Unikuu said...

actually i have do more than i have been blogging.. those are my work things that i cant blog yet.. i will blog it some day when i can. theres 3 jump-ins for nights, 2 short sleeve t-shirts, 1 long sleeve shirt, 2 leggins... but i cant count it for destash february..

Pyssel på Torp said...

Den här veckan har varit produktiv. Jag har sytt inte mindre än tre beställningar, och samtliga beställare frågade efter tyger som jag inte hade, men jag lyckades plocka fram sådant som fanns på hyllan som de gillade. Det kändes väldigt roligt. Jag blev så otroligt nöjd med elefantfilten. Men det roligaste projektet var nog den virkade mattan.

Pyssel på Torp said...

Och ja just det, ingenting syrelaterat har jag köpt under hela februari, inte minsta tråd. Jag fick en liten snutt nytt tyg av en vän, men hon ska få en bit av mig också. Jag önskar att jag hade gjort slut på mer tyg, men jag fortsätter att jobba på det. Jag hade förresten köpstopp generellt den här månaden på grund av ett nytt avlopp som ju kostade en del. Jag måste säga att det gått över förväntan det med.

Miiaoo said...

Mitt sista bidrag är ett do-redo projekt där jag har gjort om en vuxentunika till en sommarklänning och ett par babyshorts. =o)

Tack för den roliga utmaningen!!

Aurinkoinen said...

I still had time to finish one project before the end of February: a rabbit tunic and a pair of matching velour pants. All in all, I managed to sew 4 tunics, a nightgown, a pair of leggings, velour pants (both for my daughter and myself). One tunic is waiting on the table ready to be sewn.. And still lots of fabric left on the shelf as well..

Liten Kulla och Mas said...

Jag fuskade precis innan målsnöret.. det saknades lite grått tyg för att jag skulle kunna färdigställa tröjan, och jag ville så gärna få den klar:-) Men i övrigt är jag nöjd med min insats och det var en rolig utmaning.

Unikuu said...

last post is about my fabrics.. :/

glenni said...

Sorry about posting this so late :( Should have blogged it yesterday but I was way too tired to sew the zipper on... Finished it today.