Friday, 10 February 2012

Andromeda blanket

Remember this? 5 months and 176 squares later.... And I am SO finished with this blanket! I've used the Garnstudio pattern, but I've used Marks&Kattens Fame trend 655, 659 and 660, 2 balls of each. And Drops alpaka for the borders. Each ball is multicolored, one in gray shades, one in blue shades. And one in purple-aqua-blue. You can see that each square is slightly different from the other, and this is due to the multicoloring of the yarn.

The intention was to make a man-ghan, ie a blanket made for men. But, as it turned out my son refuses to use this blanket as it tickles. Go figure...

But, since it measures 160x110cm it will be enough to cover me if I snuggle up in the sofa with a cup of tea. Or my next project! I will probably show you a couple of more pictures, on the sofa. But right now most of our living room is covered in plastic and sheets since we are redecorating it, so it will have to wait.

What about the name then?? Well. When I showed it in one of the crafting groups on Facebook one of the members said, "Wow, it looks just the universe with the stars and the blue-green shades....". And I definitely agree. Especially on the first blanket. So, Andromeda it is!

4 comments:

zsazsazsu said...

It has become a masterpiece ! It reminds me of the ocean.

sofia said...

Så himla vackert!

Linda said...

Wow, so beautiful!

Fiff said...

Wow, vad fin!