Friday, 2 December 2011

Velour tunic for me!

I was making so many cozy dresses in velour for my daughter and I was getting a bit envyous of her. On the other hand I wasn't sure that I was going to be able to pull of wearing Snuggies to the office when the gents are wearing dark suits. But, as soon as I tried it on I decided that the gents can think whatever they can - this is a keeper!


I cut the dress at night when the kids were asleap. And when I had sewn it together and made my first fitting I realized that there was som kind of fold or line or something in the velour, just across the chest. Ok, I can't wear THAT to the office. But, as Mr Einstein once said: "Necessity is the mother of all inventions."

So. I went to Yvonne in Tygaffären to dig through her treasury box. I wanted to have something white. But the only white ones I could find were to small or not the right thing. When I was about to give up I found this black lacy thing. It was the right shape and could probably be large enough to cover the line.

You know what? I am actually happy that there was something wrong with the fabric now, since it turned out so much better with that lace than without it.

BTW. I am alternating dress and tunic as label on this new model. I wear it as a dress with leggings or tights, but it can also be worn over jeans. The length for me is a little longer than mid-thigh, but this can of course be adjusted if you wish to!

No comments: