Wednesday, 30 November 2011

Velour Christmas dress for R....

I got a custom order from a colleague for her daughter. Little R. Oh I wish you could see her, she's SOOO cute. The daughter, little R, that is. Not the colleague. Well, yes, she's cute too, but in a more adult way.

Dress. I was talking about the dress. It's my new model that I am making for adults as well as children, perhaps for a mother daughter combo. This is made in lovely Christmas red velour with long sleeves. As always with the shiny elastics around the arms and the neckline and with the lettuce hem around the skirt.




I have a lot more of these dresses in the drawer right now, but it is down right impossible to take pictures with so little light this time of the year, and velour is especially hard since it seems to be eating light. It was actually my colleagues MIL (Mother In Law) that ordered the dress, and she wanted some kind of appliqué on the chest. After som discussion with my colleague we discussing daisies, but after a while she decided that she wanted the letter "R", and as the dress is pretty romantic I suggested this font.



I don't know about little R:s preferences, but I am totally in love with this dress. Even though I probably make a hundred dresses per year, there are a few ones that are extra special... and this one certainly is.

2 comments:

Linda - the collegue said...

Hahahahaha! Well, thanks for finding be sort of, kind of cute! But yes I agree that Ronja (yes its ok to reveal) is much more cute. :o)
But oooh, a mother-daughter combo? Me in similar with an L? VERY tempting, but I guess not enough time for this chirtmas. Perhaps for the next? ;o)

Thankyou SP much again for making this wonderful dress for her, there will be pictures taken! :o)

Linda again said...

Ok, time to go home I guess according to the bad spelling...
CHRISTMAS of course and thankyou SO much! Xo)
But I guess you got it anyway...