Thursday, 10 November 2011

The squirrel sat in the pine tree - dresses

Have you ever thought about how silly things get when you try to translate them into another language? That is especially true for songs and rhymes. I found two pillowcases with pictures from the Swedish nursery rhyme "The squirrel sat in the pine tree". A song that kids have been singing for a century now, and I think it is one of the most beloved ones. Even more than "Twinkle twinkle little star" I would say.
"The squirrel was sitting in a pine tree
shucking a pinecone
he heard children
and had to hurry
he jumped out of the tree
and hurt his leg
and his long bushy tail"

I knooooow. Totally insane. But, in Swedish it is actually pretty cute. As these dresses are. I made one pink and one blue. Both in sizes for a little girl in time for her first birthday. Perhaps for a set of twins??

No comments: