Wednesday, 14 September 2011

WIP - mainly a manly afghan


I haven't showed you the finished pictures of the blanket I made for my daughter, but I realized that I probably should make one for my son as well. On the other hand, with the same yarn and hook size as my last project it would take forever to complete.



My choice was instead this pattern from Garnstudio. The garn calls for Drops Delight, but I am using Marks&Kattens Fame trend instead. And so far I am using three sets of colors (650, 655 and 659), and I've made 60 squares, 20 of each color. I am not sure what the finished measurments will be, as I think that I am crocheting not as loose as I should, because my squares do not measure 12cm, but rather 10,5 cm or so.

I think it will be a gorgeous afghan when it is done. Unfortunately my son has already declared that he does not want such a dull blanket. He wants something with a lot of colors. So, before I am even done with this one I have already got at least ONE more of these huuuge project to do.


Well, this one actually is less huge than you would think. It was able to make one square during a match when our son played this weekend. One match is 20 minutes, and of course I had to take some pauses to cheer and look if it was to exciting... This means that I am usually able to make 4-5 squares just watching a regular movie on TV.


I'll keep you posted on any progress. I will probably use a dark purple Garnstudio Fabel for the rows that are connecting each square to the next one. I haven't figured out how to make the most of these squares. Join them ad-hoc, or place them very throughly in a pattern and move them around until they are perfect... The first method appeals to my practical sense, but the second one appeals to my sense for order and estethics....

5 comments:

NAIMIEZ said...

UNDERBAR!!!! Mönster?

Kram!

Kaja said...

It's in the second section....

http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/se/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=124&d_id=1&lang=se

zsazsazsu said...

great colormix !

Åsa Tidqvist said...

åh vad det ser snyggt ut när de ligger sådär i färgkoordinering...gillar verkligen de mörkturkosa!

Karin said...

Ursnyggt! Och nu vet jag vad jag skall använda mitt restgarn av samma typ till...