Friday, 26 August 2011

I'm back - sort of...

I took a looooooong break from blogging. But being online 24-7 most of the year really requires a long break. But, since I had a few photos of items that were made during the spring I thought I'd start with them.

It's not often that I make something for myself, but this tunic is something that I've had on my mind for a while. It's the same model I made for my daughter. Only slightly larger. The flowery fabric is Patty Smith/Michael Miller that are both most famous for the fab quilt fabrics, but launched a line of knit fabrics as well. I made a couple of shirts in the same fabric last year, and one of them my daughter knicked out of the sales-box and started using it. Very proud to wear the same shirt as her mum.

I think I might make a few more of this. The fold over elastics around the sleeves and neckline made it a really quick project. I have been eyíng a fabric with large retro owls on it, but I am not sure that I can pull that off in the office. To many dark suits there... *LOL*


Oh, btw, I have a batch of these in children's sizes that will be listed soon. Or, when my life settles down at least. I got promoted to a new position and it is really taking my breath at the moment. Most days I only have time for some crocheting before I go to bed...

4 comments:

OttoPippi said...

Hejsan! Du har i alla fall inte varit borta lika länge som jag :-). Jättefin tunika! Ska du till SoS den 8:e?? I så fall kanske vi ses! Ha det bra och trevlig helg!

ikketikketheo said...

Det hade du helt rätt i att koppla av från onlinevärlden, Men välkommen tillbaks!

Hello said...

Den klär dig verkligen! Välkommen tillbaka.

Karinottilia said...

Men vilket sundhetstecken! Härligt med någon som pausar ordentligt. Roligt ändå att du är tillbaka :)