Monday, 29 August 2011

Hoot hoot!

I really like this retro owl fabric, and using one of the main colors (in my case turquoise) really accentuate the pattern itself. I love this tunic, so comfy and easy to combine with tight jeans or leggings. And they are just the perfect model for my daughter. This is the tunic I was thinking of making for myself that I wrote about the other day, but I am still not sure that I will be able to pull it off in the office with all the dark suits. Perhaps for a casual Friday??
This models works great with the fold over elastics around the arms and neckline. And it is so much fun to pick the right color of the elastics. I will give you a few pointers on how to make them perfect. I measure the neckline and then I cut a piece that is 75% of the total length (if it is 40 cm I will cut 30 cm). Then I sew it into a circle, mark the middle of the elastics. And the I mark middle of the front and back of the bodice. I use three-stitch-zig-zag which makes the seam slightly elastic, I have seen others using regular zig-zag too. And then it is just to fold over the edge and sew on the elastics. Pull gently to distribute the elastics evenly around the neckline. If you have a long neckline (as for adults) you might want to mark 4 places instead of two. Remember that the two marks on the side will NOT be on the shoulder seams, but rather a couple of centimeters down the front.




5 comments:

OttoPippi said...

Verkligen fin! Gillar också uggletygerna! Snyggt med kjoldel i avvikande enfärgat!

Annwes said...

Stilig tunika! Takk for tips om FOE! I vår kjøpte eg 5/8" FOE saman med eit single fold-apparat for Coverproen, har prøvd apparatet med kjedesaum (coversømnad med 1 nål) berre/endast eit par gonger. Det fungerer når halsutringinga er stor, men fungerer dårlegare i mindre kurver, (t. ex. barnehals), då brettar kanten seg lett utover. Då kan kanskje din metode fungere betre.

Helsing Annwes, Norge :-)

W collection said...

Den är verkligen såå söt! Är så impad över din engelska, tänk om man ändå hade språkhuvud;)

Prinsesse Vilikke said...

Superfin!! Flott måte å kante på!

Hannelt said...

Flott tunika med snedig kant! Herlige farger :)