Sunday, 3 July 2011

Super Mario t-shirt

Agnetha från Lilofant found this supercool Super Mario knit fabric. I've actually seen it before, or well the smoke from it, since it has always been sold out. But, she offered an auction on her Facebook page for one yard and I won it. It is not often my son is happy about my fabric purchases (most of the time he's just plain uninterrested), but this time he was thrilled.

Since it is getting almost hot here in Sweden we decided to use this superthin knit fabric to make a t-shirt. He definitely wanted me to use the coverlock stitching for all hems. And I was a bit reluctant. I've never really made friends with the wide coverstitching. But, this time I gave up after half an hour of re-threading and cursing the darn mashine. I either got masses of skip-stitches or just a chain seam. Sigh. Somehow I decided to just move one of the needles into a thin coverstitch instead. And whaddayaknow... It is working. Perfect! Not a skipstitch, not even over the side seams! I can't believe I never tried this before...


He has requested a pair of shorts in the same fabric, but I am not sure about that. I think I might make a tank top or so for him though... He really needs more of those.

3 comments:

Vindling said...

Du kan ju alltid sy ett par enfärgade kortbyxor och använda ett par av gubbarna som applikation. :)

Shamu said...

Oi, så kult! Min barn hadde elsket denne! :-)

metamorphosis said...

Du, den där tröjan hade helt klart gått hem även här hos oss! Superfin för Mario-fans!