Wednesday, 15 June 2011

Seamstress bracelet

I saw a pin on Pinterest a while ago for a seamstress bracelet. I just KNEW I had to buy me one of those. I found that they were available from FancyFrenchCologne, but that they were usually sold out there all the time (as now...). But, I managed to snatch the last one!

It is made from brass and suits me SO perfect. I love it!

A funny thing happened with the customs when I bought this. The package from US never arrived. I waited and waited and waited. I was able to track it to "Customs Malmö/Sweden". Ok. What is taking them so long? Then I got a letter from them asking me to provide my social security number and a copy of the invoice. This was necessary for all purchases above 10000 SEK (approx 1000 EUR or 1300 USD). Well my bracelet is only worth 60 USD (400 SEK), so I won't need to give them my social security number. I might send a copy of the invoice though...

Nothing happened, so I called them to see what was going on. And they told me again, that you are not allowed to purchase expensive stuff abroad without adding special information to the Customs, and since you have purchased something worth of 6000 USD you fall under that rule. WTF! 6000 USD! Someone made a typo, 6000 instead of 60.00. But, I definitely had no intention of paying Swedish VAT of 25% + 8 % customs fee of approximately 2000 USD to be able to get my 60 USD bracelet...

Well. The company that sold the bracelet sent the Customs a copy of the invoice. I sent them my social security number, and I only had to pay something like 25 USD in Customs fees.

It sure is a pretty bracelet, and I have worn it a lot since I bought it, but I doubt that I would ever think that it would be worth 6000 USD. Not made from brass anyway, perhaps if it was from gold...

1 comment:

Anna GL said...

I love this bracelet! I need one too! :D