Sunday, 12 June 2011

Custom order - Pippi Longstocking in the South Seas

One of my customer that bought the tailored blue Pippi Longstocking dress a while ago came back for more. She had been looking in my shop and was thinking of the yellow dress, so I just had to show her some of my "stashed away goodies". And, when I showed her this fabric, it all came together, sine her daughter is crazy about Pippi in the South Seas at the moment.



This is actually the same dress as this one, but with different colors of the sleeve, and a seam binding with elastics that makes it into a fake empire cut dress. I love how different they turned out, and honestly I think I like this one better. And it is very often so, that I get my best ideas when I make custom orders for someone. Instead of playing it safe with the usual colors that I know will probably sell fast, I get challenged for new themes and colors, and that workes wonders with the synapses in my brain!

No comments: