Monday, 9 May 2011

Mum, I need a new dress! From this fabric!

How can you resist your little ragdoll when she comes askig for a new dress?? Well. I can't. She came with this pink cotton fabric with white hearts and asked for a dress. So. We made it together. She got to decide all the details, and I assembled the pieces and compromised with her wishes.

All pictures are from the Soccer club tournament that was arranged this Saturday. She wasn't really interrested in the ball, but preffered to run around holding hands with her best friend. Until the horse came.... Then she immediately asked for a 20 kronor-bill (approx 3 USD). This first picture is her holding the money looking at it as if it was the ticket to heaven. And in a way it probably was...

Where is the horse?? Isn't it my turn soon??

I used one of my favourite patterns for tunics, and added some vintage lace in the bottom to make it a little longer. This length will be perfect for using over leggings or as in this case jeggings.


Mum, I'm riding! Look at me!


She decided to have white trim around the neckline and around the arms. This white fabric contains the elastic, that makes it so easy to get dressed in. I saw a dress in Thelinas blogg a while ago, where she had used a contrasting ribbon and a lot of decoration around the waist making it look like if it had an empire cut. So I decided to try that out. The ribbon is sewn onto a seam binding that also covers the elastics. Not a bad idea, and I really like the look of it. I used white seam binding and darling daughter insisted on the baby blue ribbon with white stars and red edging. I REALLY wasn't sure about that choise, but in the end I think it turned out really well.


This is one of the pictures I will save in my memory to be able to think of when it is winter outside, pitch dark and freezing cold. Heartwarming....



Thank you horsie! I wish that you could live in our garden!

6 comments:

ingermaaike said...

Sweet dress and what a fun time!

Naomi said...

Oh bless her! And she has great taste, what a lovely dress you made :-) xx

Marion - Mallofaktur said...

It's a very cute and lovely dress. I like it :o)

Thea said...

Så gulligt! Haha, "behöver" en klänning i "det tyget". De är inte dumma, de små filurerna! Och fin blev den!

Astrid said...

What a cute dress! I'm sure she will love the she was the designer!

Hello said...

Fina E! Och snygga kombinationer!