Thursday, 3 March 2011

UFO:s and Dala horses

Sometimes I start making a small collection of items and then something comes in between. In October I got a custom order for an adult skirt with Dala horses, and at the same time I decided to make a couple of jumper dresses at the same time. I bought this canvas style fabric almost a year ago... But. Then came October and November with lots and lots of custom orders, which prevented me to finish these dresses. But, now I finally took care of business and decided to finish them.
I really liked that I decided not only to use the Dala horse fabric with the curly kurbits flowers, an entire dress of that would probably been a little bit to much. Instead there is a calm section closest to the face, with a navy blue denim fabric, that has a slight shade of gray in it. The beige dress has green buttons and the wine red dress has orange buttons. Both of them matching the colors of the patterned fabric.
I've got this fabric in more colors as well, and also in organic fabric. But as you can see on these dresses that are size 104cl (4T)and 110 (5yrs) they would probably look best if the size is not to small, to be able to fit at least one full horse on each dress. Both dresses listed on Etsy, here and here.

5 comments:

zsazsazsu said...

these are very cute dresses !

Nauli said...

Great fabric and great pattern! Love the white grounded one!

Babelina & Button said...

Do you sell the fabric as well or can you tell me where to buy it? I love the Dala horse so much, I would like to myke a skirt for me from the beige fabric! Regards from Switzerland, Doris

Malin said...

wow, vilka fina grejer du gör, blir helt tagen av dina klänningar!!
Ska verkligen titta in hos dig fler gånger!!
Kram

sorkmor said...

Vilka ljuvliga klänningar, mycket fint att titta på i den här bloggen :)