Monday, 14 February 2011

Pokemon shirts and dresses!

What do you do, when you're kids are totally obsessed with Pokemon? They look at DVD, drawing, playing Pokepark Wii, and throwing imaginary Pokeballs through the living room. Well, if you're a crafty mum chances are that you go to Etsy, eBay and online fabric shops to find Pokemon fabric. So did I a while ago.
When I got the fabric home it turned out to be 75% polyester and 25% cotton. Yuck! Not the kind of fabric that I had in mind. So what do you do then?? Well. Being a crafty mum I added some vliesofix on the back of the fabric, cut little figures out and attatched them on to a luxurious thick interlock fabric. On one of the sleeves I sewed on a Pokeball.
The dress and the shirt are made from the same pattern, but the dress is made from the tailored version of the pattern, and the shirt is made from the straight one.
Both kids LOOOOOVE their new clothes, and they looked so cute together with the matching outfit. I think both of these look very Kawaii. I will probably make more of these and upload in the shop.

Oh, and by the way. If you follow me on Facebook you have already seen these pictures, since I upload all edited pictures there before I make listings in the shop or blog about them, so make sure that you follow me!! http://www.facebook.com/kajadesign

4 comments:

enchantedhue.com said...

They are sooo cool! My son would have loved one of those a few years ago!!!

fleurfatale said...

ooh, thse are very cool!

Dina Fragola said...

Love love love them...and I think there's a market for those for "young" adults too!

metamorphosis said...

Åh, dottern här hemma skulle älska en sån klänning!