Tuesday, 1 February 2011

Gecko shirt

This is a custom order from my son. What is it they say about the shoemakers kids?? That they all are barefoot? Well. My kids aren't barefoot, but from time to time they have very few shirts in the right size. So, last springs shirt collection is definitely to small now.

I usually don't make black clothes for kids, but it seems as if I am about the last mum on earth to have that opinion, so I caved in. But only if I could do something fun with it... He asked for yellow spots on the gecko, but I decided that enough is enough. Do you have ANY idea of how much work it is to sew an applique with all those little toes... ? Well. I am so happy that I bought my Bernina Aurora 440 with a leg lift. These are the times that investment really paid off!

6 comments:

fleurfatale said...

oooh, it's beautiful!

zsazsazsu said...

It's supercute !

DemyBlackDesign said...

Love it!!!!!

willow and moo said...

Fantastic!

And I totally agree, the knee lift is just the best when you are doing stuff like that.

I don't dress my kids in black. They aren't allowed to wear black to school anyway. :)

Åsa Tidqvist said...

really cool!

Morrgan said...

How cool! And yes, I've heard that saying a few times. Poor Mr Morrgan had to wait for his sweater for 2 years, while I was knitting away on orders instead... ;)