Wednesday, 9 February 2011

Babushka, matryoshka.... Hm. Russian nesting dolls...

I just looove Russian nesting dolls. It's something with the large doll and the smaller doll and the tiny doll... This is a fabric that I have used before, but since the colors are so delicate it is hard to make a good shirt or tunic from them. It is so easy to get the impression of a washed out shirt.

So. I decided to go mix-tunic with these. The first one here with pink sleeves has been listed in the shop. The second one here with purple sleeves will at least be offered to my daughter, and we'll see if she approves...
Both tunics have frilly hem around the skirts, satin foldover elastics around the sleeves, and contrasting ribbing around the neck. The Russian nesting doll fabric is really soft and very stretchy, you can see that on the frilly hem, it is rarely that I see that many waves on such short distance.

No comments: