Friday, 21 January 2011

All set for Valentines day!

I got a custom order for a matching set of jumpers for two sisters for valentines day. Their mum had seen this dress in my shop and wanted something similar for her daughters. We agreed on pink seam binding, so of course I used pink thread around the heart applique as well, and pink buttons. But, then for the smaller dress I didn't want them to be identical, so I went with a pale purple instead. Even the buttons are identical, only with different colors on them. I do like how they turned out, and especially that it is possible to create striking clothes with very few details.

I do hope that they will arrive in Washington in reasonable time. We European sellers are currently tearing our hair for the new regulations that the US Mail has implemented in November 2010 to prevent terrorism. Which mostly results in extremely long delivery times. We have been used to be able to deliver in 4-7 days for most destinations, with an occasional deliverytime of 14 days. Now it seems to be impossible to get anything through in less than 14 days, and delivery times up to 30-40 days are not uncommon. There were so many sellers that failed to deliver the goods before Christmas...
This is my own pattern of the dress, and it is available in sizes from newborn up to 4-5yrs (56cl-110cl), but I am pretty sure that I would be able to make it a little larger as well. We just love these jumpers. You can wear them over a t-shirt in the summer, with a longsleeve in the winter. And for babies you don't have to pull anything over the head, just pop the baby in from the upper opening and fasten the buttons on the shoulder.

3 comments:

DemyBlackDesign said...

They are so lovely!

Lucie said...

These matching dresses are so cute! Bravo Kaja :)

HanneLT said...

Så søte kjoler :)