Thursday, 16 December 2010

Matching twins

When I was on Gunnebo Slott Christmas Fair I got a customer that saw two of my mix-shirts, and wanted me to make her a custom order for her twins. One with red and turquoise details, and one turquoise with red details. She pointed out two tops that she liked and said that she trusted me with the choise of color on them.
This is how they turned out. Here's a detail of the turquoise shirt. The ribbon has forrest animals and little toadstools on it, so I thought I would go all Farbenmix and use the toadstool as an applique. I really like these red with white polkadots, but I don't think I've ever made a toadstool applique before..

The other shirt got a turquoise deer on it. So that applique was a pretty easy choice. Of course I matched it with a ribbon that has deers and other forrest animals on it. I really like these large white polkadots on red. Some day I will be bold enough to make something for me from that fabric...
And when we were at it the mother decided that she wanted a matching set of cloche hats as well. One with pink and gray flower, and the other gray with pink flower. Even though I strongly suspect that the pink one will be the one that the girls will be fighting over I must say that I preffer the gray one.



10 comments:

Palven said...

Läckra tröjor och supersöta mössor :o)

gr8jewellery said...

Well done Kaja! Wonderful!!

Gunnels blog said...

Så läckra !

Morrgan said...

Awww, look at that little deer! Great work!

Hello said...

Åh, så fina!

Rita alias alatvian said...

Beautiful caps!

willow and moo said...

Fantastic Antonia tops! I'm sure the twins will love them.

I do the occasional sewing for twins, and I enjoy doing the "same, but different" thing. It's good too because I know each one's favourite colour.

JuMel said...

Så läckra tröjor och så söta mössor!

Kerstin said...

The shirts are very nice!

LG Kerstin

r e b e c k a said...

vilka supersöta tröjor!