Wednesday, 29 December 2010

Happy birthday to me!

Somehow I always end up last on my priority list. Shop, kids, household, myself... But, for my birthday I decided to make something for me!

I bought fabric from Tygaffären (=my favourite local fabric shop) looooong time ago for this tunic. And then I wanted to draw a pattern for it. But, then I saw a pattern from Mariya Muschard, that was very similar to the thing I wanted. So I bought a pattern from there some time in September. But, I never got around sewing anything...

So, when I opened it, I realized that it was for knit fabrics only, and the lower part of the tunic is woven cotton, which means that I had to adjust it a little bit. Around the neck I used one of those lacy elastics that are common for underwear, and then I added some lace cuffs.

I have a tunic from the danish brand Container that is very similar to this one, and the woven fabric is actually one of the fabrics that they have used in their collection.

It was fun and actually pretty fast to sew, so I think I might treat myself to a couple more birthday gifts. Perhaps not today though... It's my daughter that is dancing with me, wearing one of the cloud dresses I made for her.


How old I am? Well. I know I turned 30, and then I had my kids, and I am still not 40. So, it has to be somewhere in between.

Besides, don't you know that you aren't supposed to ask for the age of a woman?!!

10 comments:

Marina said...

Vilken fin tunika! Och grattis på födelsedagen! Ang. ålder är det bara att säga som en gammal tant jag hjälpte ringa efter ambulans när hon hade ramlat "jag har fyllt 70 iallafall", hon hade med säkerhet fyllt 80 också ;-).

Aleisa said...

Grattis, jag är 39, hihihi, somehow is almost like u said, men jag har två små sötisar och det kan komma hur många år som helst att leva med dem, samma känner du säkert! Tunikan blev jättetjusigt!

Thongbai Tatong said...

Dear Kaja,

Sending you warm thoughts on your birthday.

Best wishes.
Bai

Thea said...

Jättefin tunika och grattis på födelsedagen!

Frau Neu näht said...

Happy birthday to you! Have a nice day. Best wishes and greetings from Germany!

yngla said...

Grattis på födelsedagen!

25 år alltså... igen!

ikketikketheo said...

Grattis Kaja! Vad fin du är!!

Annabell said...

Vilken jättefin tunika du gjort och grattis! Själv är jag 41 men min dotter tycker att jag ser ut som 38, snällt! Mönstret till mina tröjor har jag gjort själv, därför vill jag tyvärr inte dela med mig! Må så gott!

willow and moo said...

Happy Birthday Kaja! Hope you've had a fabulous day. Love your birthday present to yourself. Great top!

r e b e c k a said...

håller med dig. Det är sällan man gör något till sig själv... Jättesnygg!