Wednesday, 8 December 2010

Crocheted mittens

What do you do when your daughter refuses to wear anything but mums crocheted mittens?? And most pairs in the winter box are to small, and you still have a stack of orders waiting... Well, sometimes you need to remember who's the most important persons in your life...

So. She got to choose the color, and as usual I was crocheting both at the same time. This means that I had to rip two mittens when I realized that they were to narrow. But, now I have written down the pattern and I have even made an adult pattern going on, but these will have to wait until after Christmas.

Since I have been using Garnstudio Eskimo (an itch-free bulky wool yarn) and a 7,0mm needle these are actually pretty fast to make. It would probably work just as great with any other yarn that has a knitting needle suggestion of 9mm.

I am not sure if to start selling the pattern. Say Toddler, children and adult size for 40SEK/USD6. Any takers?
She started wearing these before I got around to make any more embellishment than a simple white line at the top. But perhaps I will borrow them back to make an embroidery on them...

2 comments:

Nancy van den Boom said...

Cute smittens and daughter ;-)

gr8jewellery said...

Love these mittens and I think they look good as they are, without further decoration. You have the perfect model! :)