Saturday, 13 November 2010

Secret santa - EuropeanStreetTeam swap!

Before I tell you anything else, just let me start by saying, if this is the fake Santa - then the REAL one is going to have a tough job this year!!!
It started out a month ago when you could apply for being part of the Secret Santa swap. Then we got a mail with our Secret swap partner. You don't know who's making things for you, but you know who you are making for. Everyone fill out a questionnaire about taste, size and special wishes, so it is pretty easy to figure out what you should do. I have decided what to do, but I haven't had time to start it yet.

So. A week ago or so I got a letter. With little pieces of thread glued on to it. And some quotes from my questionnaire cut out. Words like turquoise, "anything with yarn would be an indulgence" and "funky, but still strict enough to match the dark suits in the office" were glued to a paper. And signed with and S. Mail stamped in Belgium. Well. I had no clue, but accidentally someone called someone Sandra in the forum. And looking at the avatar - well, I at least got a good hunch that this might be my secret Santa. And looking through her shop I had no complaints so far!

Today I got something in the mail. Stamped Belgium. And the same flowers as on the secret letter. YAY! My gift was here!! The kids settled in the sofa. And I got some time to open my gift. This was the first one I opened. And this is absolutely perfect! Definitely something I would have bought for myself. By now I was jumping up and down. And there was another box as well!
In that box there was a little ring (visible in the first picture) and this key fob. It is.... breath taking. I am not sure I want to tuck this away in my purse though. I might just add it somewhere on my purse, so that everyone can see it. Or remove the ring and use it as a pendant for a necklace. It is FAR to pretty to socialize with rough things like keys!

If you want something just as pretty: Visit zsazsazsu's shop. I've added it to my favorites, and you should too!

I am still jumping up and down for joy. Now I only have ONE more thing to worry about... I have to make something just as nice for MY recipient. And I better start soon!

10 comments:

zsazsazsu said...

Happy to read that you are happy !
I was looking daily at your blog to see if you would of received my letter before I would send of the package ! And indeed, a was a real coincidence at the forum to meet you ! Enjoy !

zsazsazsu said...

ps : you can use the keyring as a zippercharm on your coat if you don't want to tuck it into your purse :-)

Hawk and Weasel said...

Amazing! Great work, zsazsazsu!

Star of the East said...

Wow, you are SO lucky!

ingermaaike said...

Aren't you a lucky ducky!

Helmitarha said...

Such a wonderful gift! Congratulations!
I've also already received mine. :)

Lucie said...

Wow! What a beautiful secretswap you received! I love Sandra's work, look at those colors and material! :)

Dina Fragola said...

Oooooh pretty!!!!!

DemyBlackDesign said...

Amazing work!!!!!

kraplap said...

beautiful ! and I love that idea of the first secret letter !!