Tuesday, 23 November 2010

Gunnebo Christmas fair - pictures!

First of all, let me begin by thanking all the visitors, exhibitors, the castle personnel and customer that came by my little booth. You all made my weekend a great one! I had so much fun talking to everybody, seeing which items draw most attention and discussing which model would work best for a recipient.

It was a lot of work to prepare for the fair (I don't think that ANYONE that has not been on a fair ever will realized how much work goes in before the doors actually are opened...)
Here's my booth. I had a two layer table setup with the shirts according to size on the lower part. My newly invented hair accessory board on the upper half, and some extra shirts and dresses. I think I looks pretty nice, as a color explosion!
And my clothes rack! I had about 50 wooden hangers for dresses (and I still couldn't fit all dresses up at the same time!!) and about 20 more for skirts. The door behind the rack opened all the time, letting the cold air come in. The rack actually isolated somewhat, but for my second day I gave up trying to be pretty and started wearing as much as I could, just to keep warm.
My booth to the right. In the right corner a lady selling woven carpets and table cloths, next ot her a couple selling felted Santa Clause figures. In the middle of the room, a woodworker.

In one corner, two friends sharing a booth selling pottery. Gorgeous things!
I didn't catch the candle maker on picture, but next to her was a silver smith jeweler.
On one of the walls a jeweler sharing booth with a woman weaving supersoft blankets. Oooh! I wished so much for cuddling up in all that fluffyness. And next to me a woman selling little Santa figures. In the next room three stands selling marzipan, salted almonds and last booth was selling salami, jam and all kinds of food.
A picture from the outside. It started snowing during the night, so we had about 10-15 cm (4-6 inches) of snow that night. So when I was going to pack the car I first had to dig it out... But, the people working at Gunnebo have a schedule for who will take care of the snow, so they had been up since 7 shovling and sanding, making sure that no one would fall... I was in the right hand building (the wagon house), on the other hand a house with the castle's souvenir shop, and the yellow house a little further down is the Coffee house. Well worth a trip, since the chef makes excellent food and the cookies are to die for...

To the other side the castle (I was in the "cellar" of the castle last year). The place where the two men are standing a fool was performing. He was spinning plates on sticks, eating fire, and sticking burning torches down his pants! My son was helping me on the Sunday, and he can't stop talking about this fool!
I just have to show you a couple of pictures of the wood worker. He is actually working in a school teaching the kids how to wood work. And does woodworking and especially lathering. He had brought a portable one and was having a little show of his own. Making little toys and stuff for the kids that were coming there.
Close up picture of the lathering. I have actually done some of this when I was in school. It is amazing how you do these things. And with a good set of hands you can do all kinds of things!

All in all, it was a great weekend. But I am pretty thankful that it is only once a year. I am not sure that I would be able to cope with more...

7 comments:

Strumpetossa said...

Wow så härligt det ser ut med massa fina saker!!

Morrgan said...

It looks like a wonderful place for a fair and your table looks soooo pretty! It's nice that it snowed; despite all the shoveling it adds to the Christmas atmosphere I think. :)

Wezz said...

What a beautiful setting for a fair! Your booth looks fantastic, and there was a good variety of different things it seems. And you're totally right, until you've done a show you don't know how much work it really is. Good thing I also do only one of these a year....

gr8jewellery said...

Wonderful mix of items and well done on your booth, it looks so pretty and all your hard work before the show really shows!

Hello said...

Det ser ju fantastiskt härligt ut! Ditt stånd är så fint!

Naomi said...

It all looks so terribly exciting and festive!! Your stall looked absolutely beautiful, an explosion of color indeed :-D Well done for all your hard work!!

Aleisa said...

Vilka underbara fina bilder!