Thursday, 14 October 2010

Mother daughter matching cloche hats!

I got a question from a mum. She loved my crocheted cloche hats and wanted to have one for her daughter, and a matching one for herself. She wasn't sure about the colors, but I suggested this green one for her daughter as I find that most clothes on little girls are pink, and then it is easier to match with a different color. Hence I suggested this green color, but with a pink flower. And the mum definitely wanted a pink hat for herself, so she got the inverted version with a green flower.


The daughters hat was no problems, but that pink hat... Jeez! First I had to rip it a couple of times as I thought that it needed to be a little larger to go down over the ears. So I sat an evening crocheting. I ran out of yarn and pulled out a second ball of yarn. And the hat was all done. And the next day I realized that there are different colors within the same color. GAAAH! It was actually pretty neat looking, but it was not what we agreed on. So, I had to make another hat (the first one will be available in the shop shortly!) and that one got just right!

I really should make one of these for myself. Hm. Perhaps not. I will only look like a dork wearing it, not very good commercial for my shop I am afraid...

3 comments:

FridoLi said...

Jättefina!!!

fleurfatale said...

oooh, these are really beautiful!

Fia said...

Helt galet snygga! Tänk om man kunde virka....då skulle dottern ha en sådan där det kan jag lova!