Tuesday, 21 September 2010

Crocheted cloche hat

I might have told you, we are rebuilding our house. And at the moment we have a FLOOR outside my sewing room (didn't have that before the weekend), but a closet where we used to keep coats, jackets, overalls and winter shoes is gone. So now I have 10 pair of winter shoes and boots in different sizes on the floor of my crafting room... Sigh...
So, when Helen Heaverin was asking for crochet pattern testers I jumped at the opportunity. She had made a new pattern for toddlers up to adult sizes. She had a yarn that I did not have in my stock, so I decided to use some of my Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino instead. This is an absolutely gorgeous yarn, but I could never decide on what to make from it. It is a mix of cashmere and merino yarn. Supersoft, really warm and I doubt that it will ever itch a bit! Luxury for kids! And for me, that gets to work with it!

I first made one in a mole brown color, but my darling daughter did not approve of it. So, I had to make her a fuchsia colored. She chose the pale green color of the flower herself. The fuchsia is a perfect match with her windstopper fleece jacket (this is the shell jacket she's wearing on the pictures). It was a pretty easy pattern, but with a small needle it still takes some time to make it. A great project to fiddle with while watching TV.
There are more of these hats coming up in the shop very soon. The mole colored is finished, and I've got two in a cotton/acrylic-mix yarn that are almost done. But I need to take pictures of them to get them listed. If you can't wait, just contact me!