Friday, 24 September 2010

Another cloche hat

I wanted to try out a different yarn, see how the sizing works. This one ended up as a 18-24mths (46-48cm) in size. This is one of the most popular Swedish cotton-acrylic mix yarns that are so good for children's items. I am not sure about white beeing a good color for a 2-year-old, but since it is machine washable, you can just pop it into the machine and then you will be all fine again.

Last time I made the flower with double yarn and a sz 5mm needle. On this hat I used a smaller flower with only one strand of yarn, and the same needle (3,5mm) as for the rest of the hat. This made the hat a little bit more discrete. I am thinking of perhaps starting to add beads in the middle of the flowers for the larger sizes of hats. But I think it might be to tempting to little girls...

This hat is available from my shop. And if you need it in another size, just let me know!

No comments: