Thursday, 8 July 2010

My creative workspace....

During the soccer world championship I have really not sewn that much. It is just plain to messy to have the serger in the couch in front of the TV. And my hubby insists on actually HEARING what they say on TV. Go figure!

So I have taken up a silent hobby on the side. Crocheting. So this time I am making a shawl. It will be made up of 91 little squares. All very delicate with a very thin "Catania Fine" cotton yarn in "rose" shade and a crochet needle 2,5mm. I am done with 54 (counted them yesterday), so I still got a long way to go. And, when I think about it, I think that there perhaps was some other details that should be added to the shawl as well...

And all those threads has to be fasten... Seems as if this shawl will outlive the soccer world championship. I do hope that it will be finished before the next one begins... I do have a tendency on giving up project just before the finish line. I've got a crocheted skirt that is ALMOST done. But a graphite grey woolen skirt is just to hot for the season, so I am taking a pause from that one... On the other hand I will look very smart in the autumn. So, perhaps this shawl will be something for the next summer? ;-)

You can see more workspaces at Kootoyoo's blog!

2 comments:

Fiona said...

This is really beautiful - I'm just learning to crochet and can't imagine making anything this intricate just yet.

Mandy said...

Wow, that looks amazing. Lovely work. You should be very proud of yourself after that! Great job.