Monday, 5 July 2010

Monday Moodboard - Roses, roses, roses



This time of the year could be my favourite in the garden. All the roses are blossoming and a walk in the garden at nighttime is a feast, not only to the eyes with pale pink roses, dark blue Larkspurs and lime green Ladys Mantles. It is also a feast for the nose with all the lovely scents of the old fasioned roses.

I remember some 10 years ago. We were in Germany and bought a lots of bare rooted roses from a local breeder. We came home in mid October and it was frost outside. So, when it was dark outside we had to hurry to get the roses in the ground before the soil was deep frozen. It looks like little piles from moles with little sticks coming out of them. I remembered that my neighbours shook their heads and said: "Well, everything usually gets very beautiful when she does something, but I wonder what she's up to now….". Today it is a magnificent mountain of flowers and scents. And it is even better than I hoped for it to be.




Monday Moodboard is a game played by members of the EuropeanStreetTeam, for more lovely moodboards head over to Fleurfatales blog: http://fleurfatale.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

Vilt à la Kim said...

I also love roses and the ones with the most delicious fragrance is my Fav!! Great moodboard!

kraplap said...

Love roses too ! lovely moodboard, and thanks for including my postage stamps.

www.filofashion.etsy.com said...

Have a great moodboard !!!Lovely !!

Dina Fragola said...

So romantic!

Fia said...

MMmmm, I love roses, too. The only problem right now is that I have by far too few! I love them in nearly every color, but yellow. Yellow is nice but somehow I´m not so fond of yellow roses!

I like the ones which smell best.

gr8jewellery said...

Lovely!

jealousydesign said...

Jag gillar också rosor kanske inte mina favoriter men precis som du säger, doften av dem en sommarkväll är underbar.

Morrgan said...

Aaaahhh, my rose fever isn't getting any better by looking at these. :D I've spent the whole morning trying to figure out what to plant in my new wooden planter and somehow I keep ending up on the rose pages of the brochures... Such irresistable things.

cri-cri said...

enjoy the smells of your garden ...

Naomi said...

Aww lovely, I love the softness. My mother's french garden has the most magnificently scented roses! Gorgeous flowers :-)
Naomi @ The House of Mouse xxx