Thursday, 15 July 2010

Daisy dance pillow case dress

Phiou! It is to hot to sew... Even blogging is awful since the fingers get sticky in this heat... But, Emmari posted this link to a video and PDF-tutorial from NancysNotions. The idea is that it is a really simple dress and you make one dress for your special one and one for a child in Africa. Well. I've done my first, let's hope I get the other one done in the autumn...
The fabric is from Michael Miller's brand new collection Daisy Dance and this one is called "Daisy Bugs in Aqua. Ever since I laid eyes on Michael Miller for the first time I have just loved his patterns, and yes, as a fabric hoarder I do have a couple of yards... hm, make that a lot of yards from him.
This was a really easy project and I hope to be able to test the model during the summer to see if I want to make any adjustments to it. I added a little lace in the bottom of the dress. I have always used seam binding, but I really think that these laces are just adorable. Only problem is to find lace that is pretty that doesn't cost a fortune....

2 comments:

annkatrin said...

Kanonsöt! Urgulligt tyg!

Aleisa said...

Viket tyg!!! och vad söt hela den!