Thursday, 8 July 2010

Can you smell the roses??

I spoke about my rose garden the other day, remember? I just HAD to take some pictures of it. Pale pink roses, dark blue Larkspurs and lime green Ladys Mantles.

The names of the roses... well I don't remember them all, but I know we had "Maidens blush", "Souvienir de la Malmaison" and "Faintain Latour". I don't remember which name belongs on which rose, but I really don't care...
Even for me, that is no master photographer it is no problem to take absolutely stunning pictures...
And yes... Did I mention their scent? In warm summer evenings the scent is so intense that you almost feel numb in your nose after a while.
I have a string put up in the yard where I like to hang my washed clothes out to dry in the sun. And during these weeks you could feel the scent of roses and lavender in them when you put them in your wardrobe. And since I prewash all my fabrics, anyone that is lucky enough to buy an item that I recently bought fabric for, will also recieve that scent on their clothes!

5 comments:

Rita alias alatvian said...

Lovely garden!

Thank you so much for sharing!

BARBARIX said...

lovely garden!
this is the good of the summer!

Erika Price said...

What beautiful roses - I can almost smell their gorgeous scent from here!

Morrgan said...

It looks wonderful! I just love roses. =)

Fia said...

As I said before: I also love roses and I would probably never leave your garden if I had the chance of visiting it.