Monday, 31 May 2010

Monday Moodboard - Sunflowers

I do love sunflowers. Not only because they look so pretty when they are flowering. But they are so easy to grow. Just ask the kids to poke a few seeds in the soil and magic will happen! I remember from when I was little there was a sunflower competition in the local newspaper every year. Who had the highest one?? Usually it ended up somewhere above 3 meters (3 1/2 yard). Being about one third of that height myself I thought they were SO magnificent.

I still remember the first time we passed by an entire field with sunflowers. They use the seeds to make oil, so of course they should grow them industrially. These fields are absolutely wonderful! I stood there for ages just enjoying the view.


We don't have these sunflowerfields in Sweden, but this weekend when we went to see my sister there were a lot of flowering rape. And it is almost surreal. That intense, almost flouroscent yellow, a blue sky, and you're just surrounded with that color everywhere... I didn't stop to take any pictures, but have a look at this one from Wikipedia, and you'll know what I mean.


Photo from: http://www.etsy.com/shop/FrenchLandscapes
Ring from: http://www.etsy.com/shop/vadjutka
Crocheted coaster from: http://www.etsy.com/shop/sabahnur
Photo from: http://www.etsy.com/shop/trotalo



MondayMoodboard is a game played with members of the EuropeanStreetTeam. For more lovely moodboards please visit FleurFatales blog: http://fleurfatale.blogspot.com/

16 comments:

Helmitarha said...

Beautiful! Love sunflowers!

Lucie said...

Sunny moodboard! I wish you a sunny week as well!

Nauli said...

Love sunflower either... they are so powerful and strong. Once in Indonesia I saw a house using them instead of a fence. So beautiful! I regret, that I didn't take any photo of it.

happyment said...

Beautiful mood!

NorraSud by ROROISM said...

great!
midsommarish ;-P

Rely said...

gorgeous!! Sunflowers are my favourite flower!!!

BARBARIX said...

I love sunflowers!
But your link does not show any pic....

Kosmika said...

Sunflower is my flower.... :D

www.filofashion.etsy.com said...

Great collection !!

Star of the East said...

Wonderful theme, cute story :)

jealousydesign said...

så vackert!

BHB Kidstyle said...

Stunning! Have a sunny week!

Michelle said...

Such a beautiful Mood your in!!!

Wish you a fantastic Week :D

Sofia-Sobeide said...

Gorgeous sunny mood you are in! :)

LeelaBijou said...

very beautiful!!

Spotted Sparrow said...

lovely!