Tuesday, 18 May 2010

I loooooove custom orders!

This post is why I just loooove custom orders. Before Etsy I sold through an Art&Design boutique, but I never got any contact or feedback from my customers. Selling on craft fairs has of course helped, but there is very rarely time to discuss things with the customers then.

This idea came from a mother in Wisconsin who wanted something special for her daughter. I made a dress first, but I don't know what I was thinking of. The order was for a sz5 and somehow I made it in 4T and tried it on my size5-daughter and then I realized my mistake. No worries though, I just make another one in the right size and put the first one in the shop!
These are absolutely lovely with red trim and red and white polkadot fabrics in the gathering in the back. It is one of my favourite models, but I never made one in these medium weight fabrics before.

They are a bit more expensive than my average dress, but that is solely due to the fact that they consume quite a bit of fabric. And as I have pointed out before this light blue Pippi fabric is discontinued and I only got a couple of meters left of it. I've got the same fabric on white background, but with larger prints, and that one is even more expensive (fabric prices are insane here in Sweden) and that one is also available on gray background. So, I think I will be forced to use those when I run out of this fabric.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Congrats Kaja,
so fantastic!!!

Hello said...

Det är verkligen en fin klänningsmodell du har fått till!

Den stolta modern tackar förstås för komplimangerna till dottern. Hon är dessutom precis så mycket Lotta på Bråkmakargatan som hon ser ut, men också väldigt charmig :) Och så tycker jag ofta hon är ganska lik din E på bilderna.