Tuesday, 27 April 2010

Kitty-catty, soft toys

The shop has been pretty buzy lately, with a lot of custom orders coming in. You can sure tell that the summer is approaching, because I get a lot of visitors to the light, breezy summer clothes. But, every now and then you need to take one step back and make something for your kids. And this I made together with my daughter. She helped me pick the fabric, and helped me draw the pattern. I cut the fabric and she cut the scraps. And then my son helped with the filling. A real family business.

A very nice person from one of the crafting forums where I read sent me the pattern for these very cute cats that I have seen in several blogs. This was my first attempt with the cats, and I really like the choice of fabric that I have used.

Unfortuntately I should have used a new needle (I used the old one for sewing in paper, which totally ruined it, I realized afterwards....). And a little zig-zag couldn't hurt either. Because I will probably have to pull out the needle and thread and mend it. And that after only a day! On the other hand, this little kitty has been going down the slides, taking a bath in the sink, sleeping in my daughters bed, eating spaghetti. Well. You get the picture... It is a dogs life being a cat in this house...
I think that these would make wonderful gifts for a new baby. As my hubby put it, you don't see these kind of toys anymore. The toys of today are either hard plastic ones or really squishy, plushy things. Not these really stuffed and smooth fabric toys that you recognize from growing up.

I am not sure that I will make any of these and put in the shop, but.... if there is a demand for it, I might be persuaded to add a few. *LOL*

4 comments:

Kuutydruk said...

Kaja, this is one super cute kitty! :)

Icha said...

You must add this lovely kitty (and more) to your shop! :)

Gryda said...

Supersøt! Jeg likte så godt posituren - den ser så levende ut.

mysigtdesign said...

Katten är supersöt. Jag tröttnar då inte på dem!