Friday, 9 April 2010

Ballerina tunic

I was talking about my trade with Hello yesterday. My part of the deal was supposed to be a very pretty shirt with some cars fabric on it. It ended up being a fairy tunic instead... Whoups! This is because this tunic has lived its own life. I started off with the pink polkadots, and added the Estio Lindo in green. The hot pink ribbing and the frilly hems was not much to argue about. But then...

I tried all my options, and no matter how I did it I simply could not put any cars on it. Lucky for me is that Hello likes fairys, so this has been hanging on my wall ever since. Finished, but without any appliqué.
So, what should we do with it then?? Well, I went through my appliqué box the other day. That's where I put appliqués that have been drawn on vliesofix, perhaps added to paper, and some of them even cut out, but somehow they never ended up on an item. Then I spotted this ballerina. She's actually made from woven fabric, but with a little totally stable on the back it seems to be working just as well as with a knit appliqué. And, it is truly a match made in heaven. The purple really pops on the pale pink background, and the purple and the pink re-appears in the Estio Lindo fabric. Sugar sweet! It is out in the shop, and it is a size 3T-4T (98/104), so be sure to grab it before it disappears!

2 comments:

Fia said...

Underbar! Denna skulle T gilla...måste komma ihåg att visa den för henne...Fast jag tror att den nog kan vara lite stor för henne? Hon är tre men ganska kort. Korta armar och ben (tydligen...) Har precis börjat med stl. 98 som då kan vara lite stort. 92 är det perfekta...

Men måste visa ändå: älskar dina härliga blandningar av olika mönster och färger: blir glad av det!

Hello said...

Åh, den var ju också jättefin!!! Helt underbar!