Friday, 12 March 2010

A tunic for me!

Even though I really try hard to make something for myself I usually end up making clothes for the kids... But, this time I decided to make a tunic for me. I am really happy that I tried the pattern on scrap fabric first, since it turned out that a sz 16 (euro 44) as the measuring table suggested was a tent on me, so I pushed it down to a sz 12 (euro 40) which is my regular size.
The fabric is from Tygaffären in Gothenburg. A small shop, with a lovely owner, that actually carries more inspiring fabrics than most of the larger fabric shops here in Gothenburg. So if you ever go fabric shopping here, don't miss this shop out!
It is a cotton crepe fabric in pink, white, purple and grey. I combined it with a very thin white fabric, that turned out to to thin, so I ended up using some white cotton shirt-fabric to avoid making the "bib" to transparent. And as an extra feature I used ric-rac and a my own handmade cotton bias seam binding in a very thin cotton popeline around the neckline. Then I added white cotton lace around all hems and a decorative seam in the shape of little stars.

On the pictures I am wearing a longsleeved t-shirt under it (it is to cold to wear short sleeved tunics in the Swedish winter) and a scarf. This was definitely not the last time I made something for me, I already got more fabric and a 1000 ideas in my head for the next dress. This has actually turned out to be one of my favourites for this spring. Already! And if you wonder about the pictures?? They are taken by my son, 6 years, I've tried to crop them into anything that is usable, but I still lack a piece of my forehead on the first picture. It is hard to take good pictures when you are 6. Especially since most of the pictures will be taken in worm's eyes view, which will wouch for mummy getting double and triple chins... Oups!

12 comments:

Mimmi said...

Superfin!

Jag känner igen fenomenet! Trots ambitionen är vuxenkläder när man går till syrummet så blir resultatet iallafall barnkläder ;-)

Jag samlar inspiration av alla andras vuxensömnad och laddar :-D

binkaminka said...

fantastic tunic! love the fabric and cut! You are so creative!

Rita alias alatvian said...

A lovely piece! Great work!

Kånkarong said...

Fin!

Which reminds me... Jag måste sätta igång och sy de där 3-4 tunikorna jag behöver ha med på affärsresan om 10 dagar. :P

HanneLT said...

Nydelig tunika! Flotte detaljer :)

Frida said...

Jättefin! Så många fina detaljer som verkligen gör det där lilla extra!
Var har du hittat mönstret?

kraplap said...

det er kjempefint !! Well done Kaja !

Mojebarn said...

Jättefin! Själv älskar jag tunikor och speciellt rutiga sådana. Det är lustigt, jag fick ett rutigt tyg i helgen som jag såg framför mig kombinerat med en vit krage eller liknande.
Jag har aldrig läst din blogg förut, men det ska jag absolut göra i fortsättningen.
Kul med en till syende IT-tjej.
/Mojebarn

LizA said...

Jättefin! Själv syr jag en hel del till mig själv, (och även andra vuxna) men jag är urdålig på att blogga om det.

Vilt à la Kim said...

beautyfull!! Looks great on you!

MemLin said...

Jättesnygg,gillar både modellen och tyget!

ikketikketheo said...

Fina Kaja!!! :)