Sunday, 14 March 2010

A hat for my hubby


During the Olympic games I really didn't want to sew anything. It was much cosier to snuggle up in the couch and knit or crochet. And, since both our kids already had received hats, I decided to make one for my hubby. Nothing fancy. Just 2x2 rib knitting in grey. That's what I thought at least. Then I ran out of yarn... So, I had to dig into my yarn stash and see what I could possibly do. I decided to go with the teal yarn. After two rows I thought it might look a bit odd with only teal yarn, so I decided to make it striped. After a while I realized that it looked like a bull's eye. And since we were watching curling on TV (Swedish ladies won a gold medal after a thrilling final against Canada) it really worked with the theme.
Here's my daughter trying the hat on. It is a bit large for her, but since my hubby has 3 inches more in head circumference I can assure you that it works on his head. It is made from grey organic wool, from the same kind as the other two hats, and absolutely itch free!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Gorgeous Hat!!!

Hello said...

Härligt överraskande!