Friday, 12 February 2010

Weather forecast: Increasing cloudyness with a chance of dance...


How about that? Last year I found high quality jeans at a bargain price last year ($13 instead of $46, childrens clothes are SO expensive…) and since all children wear jeans I bought 5 pairs for my daughter. And ever since she has refused to wear pants at all. It is only dresses and leggings. Tunics and tights are ok. But no pants. And, definitely not any jeans!! Sigh…

One of her reasons (besides dresses being much softer than denim pants) is of course that you can dance in dresses. "Everyone knows that you can't dance in pants, mum!" (I wonder what I was doing in the disco's back in the 80's and 90's then....)

So. I have been mass producing dresses the entire winter. And the ones I made in the early autumn are already outgrown so it is time for some new ones. This is of course the lovely cotton interlock knit fabric from JNY Design, which all Scandinavian bloggers have seen by now. I made one turquoise and one pink, and both with white sleeves. And, yes, the sleeves are still a bit long, but she's growing at lights speed, so I wanted these to last at least until the summer...I use ribbing around the neck, and I don't make seam bindings. There are two reasons for this. One is that I never manage to get it to look as I want to, partly because my Bernina don't have that thingie that you need, and since Bernina is known for high quality products and small volumes, no one bothers to make copies that could work with it. The other reason is that I actually preffer ribbings. I personally like when things around the neck are snug, but not tight fitting. And most tops with seambindings get to large neck holes. And these large neck holes don't get the top or dress to stay and look as it is supposed to.

7 comments:

vadjutka said...

omg, this is a cutie!!!!
is it in your shop?

and your model....give a kiss her in my name :-)

Rita alias alatvian said...

Cute dresses and the cutest model!

Hello said...

Så fin hon blev! Och vilken modell till att posera!

LeelaBijou said...

so beautiful!!

Fia said...

Men! Så läckra! Min T står här bredvid och säger med sin bestämdaste 3-årings röst: Mamma! Den är min! "Jåsa" vill ja ha!"

Så, då vet jag vad jag måste göra....

Och min T avskyr allt som sitter åt också! Hon gråter t.o.m. om jag tar fram ett par strumpbyxor för hon tycker att de sitter för tight..så pösbyxor går bra..men vanliga jeans- glöm det...

Sörjer när inne-perioden/overalltiden är förbi och det blir varm vår...för vad sätter man på henne då??? Tights får hål på nolltid..eller vilka färger? Gråbrungrönt?
Hm..tur att det är vinter ett tag till (förutom att jag själv då längtar efter vår...:-) )

Nikki said...

Your girl looks gorgeous as she dances in the clouds!I have the same issue with my four-year-old. She grew out of all her pants - I bought and made a load of them... and now she only wants to wear dresses!


Thanks so much for your thoughtful comment on my blog re: sewing language. Rest assured, you could use Swedish terminology if you wanted to - as long as you explain the process, we'll all understand you! I think the problem is that a lot of people don't take regional variations into consideration when they write instructions. I obsess about it.... you might have noticed! ;)

ele said...

jättefina klänningar! det syns att det går bra att dansa i dem :)