Monday, 11 January 2010

X-backed pinafore, Pippi Longstocking

More new models! I can't believe that I've never made a x-backed pinafore before. They have been SO popular in the Swedish crafting blogs, and I've got a great pinafore pattern that is my own, so I really only needed to add the X-back to it.

Pippi Longstocking has been very popular and she really brings in a lot of customers to my Etsy-shop. This is a vintage fabric, which I believe used to be a duvet cover. It is pale yellow, and even more yellow since it has been washed a couple of times. On the other hand it is supersoft and definitely free from any pestisides!! And I think it gives the dress a nice raggedy ann look. Just as you would think that a really strong little girl would wear, since she doesn't live with her parents.
I made my own seam binding from red gingham fabric. This was the only fabric that was soft enough to match the Pippi-fabric. All the purchased seambindings has some starch on it (to be easier to handle), which makes them a bit stiff before you washed them. And I really wanted the entire dress to be supersoft.

This dress will be a birthday present for a very happy little girl. But, while I was at it, I made another one that will be listed in my shop. This second one is showed below and has solid red seam binding.

6 comments:

HanneLT said...

Så flott den ble! Fin fasong :)

maisy said...

that's super cute! where is the grown ups version? lol

Kate said...

Gorgeous! I love this little dress so much. Great fabric and style. Happy 2010!

Fia said...

Gud vad läcker- och lustigt det där med idéer-ibland undrar jag om det sitter någon och planterar ung. samma idéer i huvudet på oss alla. Satt senast igår och funderade på om jag skulle göra en sådan till T i födelsedagspresent...Men jag har bara det blå pippityget så jag vet inte, åh andra sidan så blir ju det inte lika smutsigt....hmmm, tål att tänkas på!

Aleisa said...

Fint! jag har också gjord julklänningar till mina tjejer med det förkläde crosat modell, älskar det!

Hello said...

Jättefina!