Thursday, 21 January 2010

More Pippi Longstocking - longsleeved top!

Well. It sure was about time to dig out this ol' pattern again! It is really one of my favourites, but there are so many things I want to sew, and I still haven't figured out how to get 5 extra hours of each day...
The request was for a Pippi Longstocking top, and the customer liked he turqoise polkadots and the lime polkadot fabrics, and also Stenzo in green. But, I got pretty free hands and I could exchange a fabric if I wished. Well. I decided to go with the turquoise fabric for the body, and the large lime polkas for sleeves. And then the green "Estio Lindo" from Estio Lindo. I really intended to leave it at that. But then the greens blended to well. So I decided to go with the whimsical woven ribbon with pink swirls and twirls. And yes, that sure made the trick. And just simple lettuce hems, it makes these tops very girly. I like girly details but pink AND frills in the same item sets me into a sugar coma, so it is either frills OR pink, not both in the same item!

And the appliqué. Well, I've used it before on this top. I decided to use black to make sure that it was easy to see that it is a Pippi Longstocking top. Most other colors would have blended to well. And again, I needed the contrast.
It will be a birthday gift for a little girl in the US. I hope she likes it!

9 comments:

Hello said...

Den är helt underbar!!!!

Palven said...

Superläcker!

Thea said...

Jättehäftig!! Så himla kul att leka med färger åsså Pippi där som prcken över i!

willow and moo said...

I'm sure the recipient will love it!
It's a fabulous top!

Fia said...

Den blev verkligen jättefin! Det är svårt ibland att inte det blir fööör flickigt...särskilt nu börjar jag märka vissa "jåsa" tendenser här hemma....fast hon gillar "fatt" också...så..

Hello said...

Du har nåt att hämta på min blogg.
Kram

Aleisa said...

alldeles för kul! du är så kreativ att du fick nånting att hämta på min blogg. hoppas du vill vara med!

Jes said...

helt underbar!!! så många härliga färger :)

maisy said...

ok, i seriously want one of these in my size!!! pleeeeeeeeeeez??! :))