Saturday, 9 January 2010

Mixed velour dress - new model

Why not start the New Year with a new model?? Well. In fact it is a new model, but hardly from this year. We are now looking at a UFO from November. I made this lovely dress, and my daughter has been haunting me to finish it for her. But despite having a rainbow of pink and red shades of ribbings and fold-over-elastics I could not find ONE that was matching. The odd thing was that the store that sold the fabric didn't have it either. They were all to orange, to blue, to pale, to… whatever. Sigh…

Then I found www.jofotex.se and they had at least one of the fabrics, so I sent them an email, and yes, they did have a matching pink ribbing. YAY! I paid and despite it being Christmas and all I got it delivered before NewYear. And since the dress was finished even down to my Kaja-label, except for the ribbing around the neck, it was really fast to finish it off. But, as you can see I do have SOME problems getting my model to stand still long enough for taking her picture, so that's why it takes some time to blog about it! It is made from pink and red velour. The body is striped, the arms are polkadots, and the skirt is covered with red flowers.

I like this type of dress, which makes it possible to play with colors and lots of different fabrics. It is a basic top, that is a bit shorter, and from the waist there is a second part of the dress that is basically a skirt that is attatched to the top, the only tricky part is to get the skirt to be full enough to give it a nice twirl, and still keep a sleek line since the fabric itself is pretty fluffy. There will probably be more made from this one.

You know what the best thing with this dress is?? My daughter gets so soft and cuddly in it!!

4 comments:

Vindling said...

Veeeery nice!

Hello said...

Åh, så fin hon är! Det är verkligen en fin modell!

Fia said...

Åh! Så fin! Nice indeed!
Nu blev jag jätteinspirerad! Min T blir också så gosig i velour...:-)

willow and moo said...

I really like that dress. Sometimes I think I sew things in velour for my kids because it makes them even softer and cuddlier! LOL