Saturday, 23 January 2010

Horses longsleeved tunic - and a smash mellow

We like "smash mellows" (my daughters word for marchmallows). Both for barbequing and for eating. Most parents here in Sweden are giving their kids "Saturday candy", which basically means that the kids don't get any candy at all during the week, only on Saturday. Well. For some that might be a good idea, but I think it is weird. Craving sugar for a week, and then stuffing yourself until you feel nauseous... So I rather give my kids a little treat every now and then. But, I always want them to eat something before they get a treat! Candy should be a little sweet AFTER you have eaten, not a dinner replacement!
Here is a little top that I started in December, but since I had a loooooong Christmas break, and after that been working with the accountans for the yearly closing at work. Well. Sewing machine time hasn't been prioritized... So. I wasn't until now that I added the ribbing around the neck, the FOE's around the sleeves and the hem. So cute with horses and the pink sleeves and brown details. It is a new tunic pattern. Bascially my mix-top that I have made a little longer. This gives the tunic a REALLY slim fit. Not bad, but I can't use it for all fabrics.
And my daughter nipped this one before I even got to sew on my labels. Perhaps after it has been washed??

7 comments:

Frida said...

Jättefin!
Allt jag syr blir för brett tycker jag, så jag minskar o minskar mönstret men ännu har jag inte lyckats skapa mitt perfekta mönster. Tar sån tid!

maisy said...

so... do we get a free marshmallow with this top?!!

very cute :)

Hello said...

Hon är så fin! Och vi har inte heller lördagsgodis...

Mamma Mimmi said...

Hittade just till din blogg - vilka fantastiskt fina kläder du skapar!

[K * Design] said...

Min tjeja skulle bli helt tokig i detta tyg, vad kommer det ifrån?
Superfin!

[K * Design] said...

...å nu har du fått en Award i min blogg!

Smila said...

The fabric is great! My daughter would LOVE it!