Well. How about me? I've got like 100 followers of this blog, but would I really be able to make it to anyones top 10 list? Of course my pictures are improving, as my sewing skills. I write a lot of text (hard time keeping it short) and I think I get at least a few good ideas every year.
Then this Creative Blogger award came, and within the last week I have gotten this award from five different persons. Klara med K, Hello, Aleisa and K*Design, Design Katarina. Thank you ever so much! At least I am creative enough to end up on four persons top list.
If you get this award you should:
- Copy the award to your blog
- Link to the person that has awarded you the award
- Tell 7 interresting things about yourself
- Choose 7 other blogs that you want to award this award to
- Link to their blogs
- Comment on their blog that you have given them this award.
- I love problems and trouble shooting. If someone tells me that it is impossible, it is like holding up a red sheet to a bull. I just HAVE to solve it!
- I love to start new projects. Sometimes I get so many ideas while cutting that I end up with a pile of cut or halfsewn projects. Only to discover something that should improve the pattern... Yes. My UFO pile is enormous!
- The only thing I have EVER thrown in the wall was a knitting. I was trying to make a Norwegian "Lusekofte" (fair isle knitting kind of style) and I pulled to tight while changing colors. In pure frustration I threw it in the wall. Luckily a piece of yarn and two needles doesn't make that much impact on the landing surface. I still try to knit a lot, just to practice my patience.
- I have worked as a teenage journalist on the local newspaper, and got a few pointers on how to write. I even had thoughts about working as a journalist, but I realized that I would not like to PRODUCE creative and whitty articles on a deadline. That is also the reason why I would never work with sewing/crafting full time. I am afraid that the deadlines would kill my creativity.
- I am really good at managing 100 things at the same time, whithout writing it down. And I count on that I can do it. In some periods (as when I was pregnant) I don't manage to do this and then I have to pay back...
- I don't have any formal education of sewing. But my mum and both my grandmothers has always been sewing, knitting, embroidering and crocheting so I guess I have picked up few things here and there. I actually took an evening class in 1990 of "how to make underwear" and manage to produce a few sexy ones! I don't have any respect for fabric, and I am always willing to try something new or to improve something old. I think that is one key ingredient to make a successful designer.
- I have very long legs. My hubby is 6'3" and I am 5'8" and we have the same length on our legs. 34". Which reminds me that I really should make my own pants pattern, since I always have trouble finding pants that fit.
So. I will just award it to everyone that I have bought or traded with during the last year (or as with Yrväder currently is trading with).
And, I suspect that most of you are REALLY curious of what I have from these fabolous crafters, so this will be posted in a separate blogpost! And I can vouch for their talent and quality!