Thursday, 24 December 2009

Merry Christmas!

Well. Christmas eve is our main day for celebrating here in Sweden. And what I remember from the day before Christmas when I was little was that all the chairs were up at the dinner table and my mum was mopping the floor. Then I fell asleap (after some wiggling in the bed). But I suppose that she was up for a couple of more hours. At least she always wanted to lie down for a nap after Christmas lunch.

Well. Now I am the mum and it is well passed midnight and I am still up. Seems like it is a tradition that is passed down from mother to daughter, so why break it??

My dad has been doing some scanning of pictures from when I was little. It is so nice to see all these pictures. And that also reminds me that my nana made me a lot of these clothes. And then the baton of the sewing relay race was passed on to my mum. I now I've got it.

Top picture is from Christmas Eve of 1977 I think. It is my aunt in the background (just look at her hair, dress and glasses - SO 70's!!) and me and my sister is like 3 & 5 yrs old. I strongly suspect that my nana had something to do with the vests and skirts... I am the dark haired, and my little sister is the blonde one.
These dresses I actually remember when I was home at my nana to measure them. It was very important that the skirt was just below the knee cap. They had little "angel wings" (you can see it on my sisters dress, since she isn't wearing her cardi properly). This picture is from midsummer, and I am 8-9 yrs old. My mum has braided my hair and pulled it over the head and decorated it with flowers.
Here's another midsummer picture with my mum and my nana. And once again I think that my nana had something to do with our dresses.
And one of my favourite pictures. There is a similar one of my sister (which is even better, she's so darn foto genique my sister...). Both of us wearing this scarf around our hair, these knitted cardis and batique tees.

Well! Merry Christmas everybody! I will take a couple of days off now and spend a lot of time with my family, since I know that January is pretty crazy when you're working with it and accounting...

9 comments:

ikketikketheo said...

God Jul! Härliga bilder och minnen.

Angel.Pearls said...

Känner igen tiden..jag o syrran hade också alltid likadana hemsydda klänningar när vi var små -som farmor o mamma sydde..o allt var hemstickat (kliiga mössor..) Här är en annan mamma som också var uppe till midnatt med det sista pysslet! Ha en riktigt fin Jul!! Kram//Eva

Swiedebie said...

All the warmest wishes to you and your family this Christmas and a happy 2010!

Loddelina said...

Merry Christmas!
- and what lovely pictures you have of your childhood...

ikketikketheo said...

Tack för din kommentar om mig o min syster - gud vad jag skrattade :DD God fortsättning!

Aleisa said...

god jul och gott nytt år! Vad fina nostalgibilder har du visat, jag har också nån gång gjord det på bloggen. Tänk att vi på KUba se likadana ni på 70 tal, ljuvliga tider!

Duracellmamman said...

Vilka underbara bilder Gumman!! Man blir helt nostalgisk!! Hoppas att Ni har haft en helt FAB jul och att Ni njuter till fullo av Era dagar uppe i fjällen!

Jag önskar Er en God Fortsättning!!

Varma Kramar!

Carina i Tyskland said...

Kikar in och önskar er en riktigt god fortsättning och underbara skidåkningsdagar!

Jättekul att se bilder på söta Lill-Kaja!
Kramar

Hello said...

Vilka härliga bilder! Kul att ha dem skannade! Hoppas julen blev skön!