Thursday, 5 November 2009

November Challenge: Organic velour tunic for a star!

Yes. I am having a really productive period right now. It is partially because of the Christmas fair on Gunnebo Slott which will take place in two week (jeeeeez!). And as always my kids get the first pick from the new items. Usually I finish off a few items and then they get to pick, but this one was the first item that I finished and that one was "stolen" before it got accompanied by any other garments...

Since it is getting colder by the day now I wanted to make a couple of long sleeved tunics and tops of warmer material. This lovely organic cotton velour was on top of my list. So comfortable, cozy and warm. And pretty! The sleeves are hot pink with brown stars, and I have enlarged the star and cut it from the hot pink fabric and attatched it to the body section of rich chocolate brown. I have used brown ribbing around the arms and the neck. And as you can see, my daughter is very happy with her first pick from the new collection. She rapidly established that the model was good for dancing.

I have cut one or two items from the same fabric and I hope at least one of them will be able to make it to my Etsy shop, but please email me if you are interrested in something special. Oh, btw, I got the star-fabric in turquoise too, which could be cool for a boy perhaps??

9 comments:

ingermaaike said...

It is a wonderful model, both the tunic and your girl :-D
I love that fabric!

LumLum said...

Underbar! Tunikan är en fullpoängare, men kommer nog ändå på andra plats efter din dotter :)

Meltem said...

She is so sweet :) And her tunic is very lovely!

DeerLola said...

such a cutie :)
and I love the tunic !!!!

Doris_Assar said...

Tjusigt!!!

Star of the East said...

They look great together :)

HanneLT said...

Herlig kombinasjon og søt jente :)

od Andulky said...

Underbart söta, både tunika och tjej!

Gekko said...

Fin tunika och härliga bilder, klart man ska dansa i en sån tunika! :-)