Sunday, 22 November 2009

Christmas fair with pictures

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! It has been a wonderful weekend! Lots and lots of nice people that have been looking at my things. I've had SO much fun! Since this was my first fair, I really didn't know what to expect, but it has been everything I've dreamt of!!

I've updated my shop and removed the things I've sold. But, I still haven't posted the things that I've made during this last week. Remember that you can always send me an email kaja_design[at]hotmail.com if you want to order something special, or perhaps in another size. And, if you live in Sweden and don't have an PayPal-account, please send me an email, and I will give you the details for money transfer.
Here are some pictures from the castle. It was built in 1778. Yesterday was lovely sunny weather, but then I didn't have any time to take any pictures outside (with all the preparations of my booth), and today the rain was POURING down!
Here is the entrance leading into the castle. When the guests arrived there were candles lit outside too. So cute! Today there were people carolling out here, so we got beautiful entertainment most of the day! We really got into the Christmas spirit!
This is the first entrance hall inside the castle. With a Christmas tree and all.
Here is an overall picture of my corner. I got a great place and that meant that I could decorate it almost like a shop! I got a lot of comments on all the colors! You really could have used my corner for color therapy!
The clothes rack! Here is part of the reasons that I haven't slept more than 6 hours a night this week. Sometimes a lot less. I never realized that it was so much work standing on a Christmas market. It am so happy that I've got a regular job on the side, because trying to earn your living out of fairs would probably be great fun, but I doubt that your hourly wage will be even close to decent!
It got two nieches in my corner. One I used for display with my little baby and my newly made bunting with KAJA on. And the other was perfect for little writing things and valuables, as money, cell phone and camera.
My hubby built this for me for display. It was a great way to show off a lot of things at the same time.
Here is the table. It got a bit cluttered the first day, since I wanted to put on SO many things. On the other hand, some things got sold and after a while it looked much more clean!
Here are a few pictures from my corner. The lovely ladies with pearl necklaces, and behind the pilar three lovely ladies with textil things, purses and the most exquisite pillows you have seen! Very talented women!
And the last picture is of Myran&Knycken who are making the softest beanies and scooter hat for children. Well, actually I saw at LEAST one woman in her 50's that bought one of those scooter hats for herself too! And one of those hats just happened to accompany me home...

All in all. Well. It was SO much work, and SO much fun! It has sure been a memory for life! Thank you everyone for really making my days!

17 comments:

Dawn of LaTouchables said...

This looks like such a lovely fair! It's cozy and colorful!

baahar said...

Wonderful pictures .. I love the castle and your corner with all the colors. I'm glad it went all beautifully for you :)

Vivi said...

What a wonderful experience!!

ira said...

Everything looks so great kaja, I hope it had been a fantastic throughout for you!:)

Helena said...

Vilka fina bilder och vad fint du hade lagt upp allting, men du har ju jättefina kläder också! Ser ut som om du fick en riktigt bra plats på marknaden.

Vilt à la Kim said...

looks great!!! I wish I was there.... Sweden is my favorite country!!!

kraplap said...

veldig pent ! the castle as well as your corner !

Sabina said...

Lovely place!

Krimskrams said...

Helt fantastiskt så mycket fint. Det är verkligen som färgterapi att titta på alla fina kläder :-)

fru-jansen said...

For en lekkert sted å ha julemarked!
Flotte plagg i vakre omgivelser,- skulle likt og vært der selv og kikket på alt!

X by Leina Neima said...

Happy to see and hear that your fist fair was such a great experience, wish you lot of happy fairs in the future :=)

Star of the East said...

Great to hear that it was a wonderful experience!
Your corner looks wonderful!

Hello said...

Det ser ju verkligen helt fantastastiskt ut! Jag skulle varit där helt enkelt :)

Som tur var startade Gamla stans julmarknad redan i lördags, så vi hann gå dit lite! I regnet. För här regnade det också under söndagen.

Lisa @celebrate CREATIVITY said...

What a great fair with so many cute items. Nice photos too.

GOBLIgobli said...

Ååh vilken mysig hörna du fick till! Och fint upplagt. Det är klart skönare att stå inomhus vid denna årstid.

willow and moo said...

Looks like a great place for a Christmas Fair! Glad you had a good time.

Duracellmamman said...

Åhh så fint du hade det! Du den bruna klänningen med blommor som syns på några av bilderna. Har du den kvar, vilken storlek är den i?

Trevlig första advent!

Varma kramar!