Sunday, 4 October 2009

The softest shawl ever!

Did I ever mention the air conditioning at work?? Well. If I didn't that is probably because it isn't working very well. Most of the time it is do cold. We have people that are using blankets, wheat warmers, some are working with their coats on and I have even seen fingerless mittens. It is totally crazy. We have people coming by and meauring things and trying to adjust it, but it usually ends up with nothing new...

And working in the office, you really need to stay at least somewhat neatly dressed. There are still a lot of dark suits running around, so you can't wear a Lusekofte, pretty as they are, to work.

When I came across this supersoft worsted yarn from malabrigo in the colour Blue Graphite I decided that this is the thing that will warm my shoulders this winter. As I said it is really supersoft, and thick enough to give you that cozy feeling. I have a couple of shawls in mohair. They are warm enough, but don't give you that cozy feeling. As usual when we buy something here in Sweden that is from other countries it gets REALLY expensive. I found it online for $11. I bought it in my LYS and paid well over $22.

I just did garter, but instead of just going back and forth, I decide to do increases so that the shawl got a nice v-shape instead.

6 comments:

Doris_Assar said...

Gosig!! En sån skulle jag också vilja ha! :-)

Sara said...

Wondeful shawl! It's so nice to have something soft and cozy to wrap yourself in when you are cold.

ingermaaike said...

Beautiful!

Rita alias alatvian said...

Well done!

Hello said...

Snyggt att göra ökningarna i mitten istället för i kanterna! Den ser härligt varm och skön ut!

Fia said...

Sjalsäsongen är här på mitt jobb också! På tidiga hösten och senvåren är det stekhett...och inget syre.
På hösten och vintern är det svinkallt, inget syre (= tvungen att öppna fönster= ännu kallare)elementen jobbar ihjäl sig och är stekheta men värmen når inte ute i hela rummet...Så alla går med allsköns scarfes, sjalar, cardigans osv osv...skulle gissa att en väldigt stor del av våra löner går till stickade värmande plagg...

Tänk att det ska vara så svårt att fixa! Din sjal var jättefin iaf och värmer säkert skönt!