Tuesday, 20 October 2009

The hunting Pinafore dress sz 2T - 3T


When buying really expensive fabric I want to use as much as possible from it. I made a custom order for an adult skirt a while ago of this fabric. It is called "Jakten" (the hunting). The print was designed in the 70's but the fabric is newly produced and has wonderful bright colors.

I was measuring the fabric to make a dress in newborn size, but when I laid out all my pieces of patterns on the fabric I decided to make it in a larger size and give it a calmer appearance by using a navy denim fabric on the upper half and just use the patterned fabric on the bottom part of the dress. Both fabrics are about the same weight. And, as usual I am using seam binding, red on this one, for hemming. And large green buttons on the shoulders.

On the back there is the rider on his white horse and on the front there are hounds and foxes that are being chased or chasing the rider on the back. It is like a fairytale all around!

This one is already listed on Etsy!!

8 comments:

Hello said...

Det är verkligen ett härligt tyg! Och det blev jättesnyggt med jeansöverdelen!

Mimmi said...

Supersnygg! Tycker om nedtoningen med denimtyget.

ikketikketheo said...

wonderful!!!
who is producing it?

Dawn of LaTouchables said...

This is a beautiful cut!

Steffi said...

Great dress,Kaja !And I love your colourful fabric!

HanneLT said...

Supersnygg! Denim passet så godt til det store mønsteret!

Barbara said...

oh i love that dress....

Åsa said...

helt fantastisk!