Thursday, 8 October 2009

Custom order for adult skirts

Well. Yes. I do custom orders for adult clothes as well. Isn't it weird though?? I am working my touchie off to get myself a name as a designer for children's clothes and I keep getting orders for adult clothes. Perhaps I should take the hint and start making adult clothes instead??
This time it is two skirts. The first one is made of the fabric called "Jakten" (The hunting) which was originally designed back in the 70's and now is being reproduced. A lovely medium weight cotton, almost as canvas or denim. A concealed blue zipper and red seam binding. As it turned out the customer almost had the same measurements as me, which sure makes it so much easier to model.
A closeup of the fabric. The pictures are taken with a flash, so the colors are a bit dull, they are much more vivid in real life.
The second skirt is from Michael Miller's fabric "Merryville". This is a much thinner fabric, so I decided to use a wide elastics around the waist and made a pattern that is similar to the ones I make for children, but in a much larger size. It is sligthly rounded around the waist and the hem, which gives it a nice A-line without that boxy look that some skirts get.
As I said this fabric is a bit thinner, but it will still work for the winter. I have used navy seam binding for the hem, to match the navy details in the fabric.

Both skirts turned out really well. And I am actually considering making another one from the first skirt for myself... It IS nice to have a lot of colours on your clothes. Especially during the winter. These skirts are heading for UK, and I imagine them having as much rain and fog this time of the year as we do...

8 comments:

Bigbluebed said...

They are lovely. Adults want beautiful clothes too.

Rita alias alatvian said...

They look just great!

roroism said...

oh i just love these nature inspired scandinavian printed fabrics!
but its prices kills!

fru-jansen said...

Disse var jo bare helt fantastiske!
Kjempefine begge to!

Jeg får også veldig mange forespørsler om å sy barnekjolene mine til voksne, men synes det er vanskeligere å finne riktig størrelse enn til barn....
Men skjønner veldig godt at voksne gjerne vil ha sånne flotte skjørt som dette!!

Emily said...

I adore these! They are so hip and cool! Well done!

Ett Tu Tre said...

Så härliga kjolar - jag gillar kjolar med färg och mönster i vuxenstorlekar, så jag förstår att du får beställning på sånt.

Smilerynker.dk said...

These are lovely;o)

metamorphosis said...

Oh, that´s just lovely!
I love the playfulness and all the action in it!