Tuesday, 27 October 2009

Butik Unik and breast cancer awareness



As a few of you might have noticed I have removed Butik Unik from the places where you are able to shop, and also listed a lot of items that previously was in the shop. When I ended up in hospital in beginning of August I got a whole week to think about my life (especially since I was to sick to get out of bed, and I was in a hospital 300km/200 miles away from home so no one could visit me). One of the things I realized was that I was missing to have contact with my customers and honestly Butik Unik hadn't sold that much this summer. It was just another thing that added to my stress level.

So. I contacted Malin and then I found out that she had been diagnosed with breast cancer in the middle of May. And that was of course the reason why the shop didn't do that well. You can't be in a hospital and work in your shop at the same time!! She had decided to turn the shop into an artisan cooperative where you share the job of maintaining the shop. Since I am not interrested in this it was really natural to close down us working together. I will be forever thankful to Malin who gave me my first chance of selling to a shop, and learned me so much about this!
During this autumn she will undergo chemo therapy and I have decided that since it is the Breast Cancer awareness month I have put up a dress in the shop with a pink guardian angel in sz 12mths (80cl), where I will donate the entire price ($40) to the Breast Cancer foundation. I do hope that someone will buy this!!


Here is the link to the listing on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=33342749. If you don't have a wee one in suitable size I will make you a similar dress in another size, and from those listings I will donate $10 to breast cancer research.

3 comments:

Chichiboulie said...

Thank you for sharing and for your wonderful gift! Hoping it sells and quickly!

Kuutydruk said...

I think this is such a great cause that you are doing and I hope all will work out good for your friend.

Swiedebie said...

For the work of good hearted charity, this piece will be sold fast, and hope your friend will have a fast recovery.